transparent and FTP

From: Andrew Hall <aah@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:34:06 +1000

Does any one know of any unix-like mapper utilities that will allow FTP caching with a transparent proxy? I realise that normally a browser will forward the FTP request using the http protocol instead of native port 21,, but there must be some way to do the translation with out having to set the FTP as a static proxy setting in my client's browser (that is, do it via the transparent proxy).

Can this be done?

A.