memory + CPUs + lets tango.

From: Andrew Hall <aah@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 18:34:58 +1000

Hello all,

Need some help and I'm a little embarrased that I don't know this, but I've just upgraded one of my squid machines (linux 2.0.35 + squid 1.2b24p1) from a single CPU to dual PII300 and upgraded memory from 64MB to 1GB. I have recompiled kernel and squid for SMP enabled but:

    1. How do I know if my machine is now using both processors? Does Squid make use of them? How much performance increase (if any) should I expect on what was a fairly heavily utilised machine?

    2. Squid doesn't seem to find the rest of my memory (nor does the OS for that matter). I thought a recompile should have fixed this? How do I get my machine to find all my RAM?

thanks and regards,
Andrew.