Re: how do I determine cache performance

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 20:39:15 -0600 (MDT)

On Sun, 6 Sep 1998, Raul S. Bucad wrote:

> How do I know if my cache is working optimally.
> Are the any 3rd party software for it.

First, you define what "optimal performance" is in _your_ environment. Then,
you go the Squid Web site and get some log analyzing scripts. The scripts
will scan the logs and report various statistics about your cache. The kind
of script to get depends on what stats you need. Finally, you can use the
cache manager interface to see run-time stats.

Please read all the FAQ/manuals available on the Squid and NLANR sites...

Alex.