RE: Load Testing

From: Williams Jon <WilliamsJon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 10:58:21 -0500

When we were working on testing our new proxy, we used a tool called Web
Load from Platinum Technology (http://www.platinum.com/). I took a day's
worth of logs from our existing proxy server, fed it through a perl script
to break it into five or six chunks and format it for Web Load, and then ran
it for a couple of hours. The site distribution is much better than what we
got with our base tests, and we had the capability to simulate more than one
client. I don't know if it'd be able to model 500K clients, but you could
probably do some extrapolation to figure that out.

Jon Williams