log analysis

From: Stefan Monnier <news+lists.squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: 20 Sep 1998 17:36:59 -0400

I currently use calamaris for my log analysis and am mostly happy with it,
but I somehow feel like the hit-rate calculated is not always very useful.
There are currently two hit-rates computed:
- proportion of accesses that got a hit
- proportion of bytes that have been provided from the cache

I recently got a small endless redirection loop between www.pathfinder.com
and cgi.pathfinder.com which generated absurdly many accesses to my cache,
all of them hitting, of course.

Are there log analysis tools that provides different hit-rate measurements,
such as the proportion of pages that got one or more hit (for instance) ?

        Stefan