Squid speed

From: Don Brown <dbrown@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 08:56:35 -0400

I'm new to using Squid, so please be gentle.

The system is storing a copy of the requests, but it doesn't seem to be
sending from my cached area when a new request comes in. For example,
if I download a 1M file, quit my browser and start it again, then
download that same file, the speed is the same as the first time. My
understanding is that I should be retrieving it at the speed of my
network, not starting from scratch. What could I have configured wrong?

Don Brown
dbrown@CrystalCreative.com