Re: Squid on HP-UX 9.04

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 01:28:27 +0100

Jay Banda wrote:

> I have tried upgrading my gcc from 2.6.3 to 2.8.1 , as it was
> suggested that the former did not support the -g flag used by
> squid.

-g is not actually used by Squid, but it's needed if you are to run it
from a debugger or analyse core dumps.

To get the -g flag on HP-UX 9.X gcc, you need to install the full GNU
suite of development tools: gas, gnu-ld, bison, flex, gcc

Another option is to buy HPs ANSI-C compiler + debugger. It usually
works better than GCC on HPPA HP-UX machines.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker