Re: Squid on Solaris and Intel

From: Marc van Selm <marc.van.selm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 08:08:36 +0100

At 10:57 AM 10/27/98 -0700, Jeff Madison wrote:
[...]
>ith -enable-poll --enable-async-io --enable-dlmalloc -enable-ipf-transpare
>nt. I am using the default squid.conf with some very minor modifications
>such as changing the http port to 8080. I am putting the system under a
>some what heavy load but not any thing it should not be able to handle. The
>problem occurs after the system has been running for about an hour. The
>system just runs out of memory and becomes extremely slow. The squid
>process its self is only using 20-30 MB or the memory. I would appreciate
>any suggestions for optimization or some type of solution to this problem.

Sounds like a mem leak to me. Check if your machine is swapping and if so
is it
fixed (temporarely) if squid is killed and restarted? If so you might want to
try compiling with another malloc (try without dlmalloc first).

>I even open to changing the OS if that would help. If there is anyone that
>has experience with this problem or any ideas please respond ASAP.
>

>Jeff Madison
>Systems Engineer
>(801)924-0900 x 101

Marc van Selm
NATO C3 Agency
Communication Systems Division, A-Branch
Tel: +31 70 3142454
Private: selm@cistron.nl, selm@het.net, http://www.cistron.nl/~selm

     "Push to test." <click> "Release to detonate."