Squid 2.0/RELEASE not closing SSL connections?

From: <squid-users@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 01:51:53 -0600 (CST)

Greetings,

I have Squid 2.0/RELEASE running on a Linux box (RedHat 2.1 install)
and on Solaris 2.6 SPARC. I noticed on the Linux box (which currently
has more users) that SSL connections were getting stuck and I would
have to restart Squid once every few days to get them all closed and
free up their file descriptors. I have now also seen this on the
Solaris box for the first time tonight. The Linux squid was compiled
without async io, while the Solaris box was compiled with async io.

A netstat on these boxes shows the connections in the ESTABLISHED state,
eventually some transition to CLOSING (presumable because the web server
on the other end called close() after timing out). Regardless, the only
way to really free up the file descriptors is to restart Squid.

Has anyone else noticed similar behavior on their Squid 2.x implementation?
Did the SSL CONNECT handling change much from 1.1, which never exhibited
this problem, to 2.0?

Thanks,
Chris Wichura
caw@cawtech.com