Re: Squid 2.0/RELEASE not closing SSL connections?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 09:37:41 +0100

squid-users@cawtech.com wrote:

> has more users) that SSL connections were getting stuck and I would

> Did the SSL CONNECT handling change much from 1.1, which never
> exhibited this problem, to 2.0?

These connections is most likely not from SSL CONNECT, but when
your users use Netscape and are bitten by the Netscape SSL proxy
bug. Squid 2 has a bug of it's own leaving a open connection to
the origin server when it happens.

Patch available from http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/ (the one
named "Squid-2.1.PRE1: Close server connection on unsupported
protocol".)

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker