Re: Choosing neighbor cache

From: Jens-s. Voeckler <voeckler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 18:47:57 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Irfan Akber wrote:

]1) Is it possible for squid to choose neighbor proxy server based on the
]url .e.g url ending with .exe, .mov, .mpg, .zip would all be sent to proxy
]server 1 and the rest to proxy server 2.

Yes, try something with the new "cache_peer_access" option and an
appropriate "url_regex" ACL, e.g.:

ACL endings url_regex -i \.(exe|mov|mpe?g|zip)$
cache_peer_access your1.neighbour.cache allow endings
cache_peer_access your2.neighbour.cache deny endings

BTW, what is the difference between "deny endings" and "allow !endings"?

]2) I have two proxy servers working, I want If proxy server 2 fails the
]first one can get the data directly and not query 2 till the time it is up.

I reckon that is what ICP is about, and will jolt in as soon as several
ICPs go unanswered, until an occasional probe gets answered again.

Le deagh dhùrachd,
Dipl.-Ing. Jens-S. Vöckler (voeckler@rvs.uni-hannover.de)
Institute for Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
University of Hanover, Germany; +49 511 762 4726