Re: https servers acceleration

From: Oleg Makarenko <oleg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 10:55:05 +0300

Sorry, I have definitely send you some garbage. I didn't even think about
FWT!.
There is another package called stunnel that can be probably used to
accelerate https.

http://mike.daewoo.com.pl/computer/stunnel/

here is the short description

     The stunnel program is designed to work as SSL encryption
     wrapper between remote client and local (inetd-startable or
standalone)
     or remote server. The concept is that having non-SSL aware dae-
     mons running on your system you can easily setup them to
     communicate with clients over secure SSL channel.

     stunnel can be used to add SSL functionality to commonly
     used inetd daemons like POP-2, POP-3 and IMAP servers
     without any changes in the programs' code.

Author Michal Trojnara <mtrojnar@ddc.daewoo.com.pl>
SSL support Adam Hernik <adas@infocentrum.com>
                    Pawel Krawczyk <kravietz@ceti.com.pl>

Oleg Makarenko