Re: https servers acceleration

From: Alvin Starr <alvin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 09:10:53 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Oleg Makarenko wrote:

> Sorry, I have definitely send you some garbage. I didn't even think about
> FWT!.
> There is another package called stunnel that can be probably used to
> accelerate https.
>
> http://mike.daewoo.com.pl/computer/stunnel/

There is also wrapssl. Both of these packages are setup to insert infront
of a program that expects a network connection on stdin.

Squid would need to be patched to be able to invoke an "SSL" handler
whenever an SSL link comes in. The SSL handler would have to take over
the connection to the remote site and then decrypt and pass data through
to squid.
Or possibly the wrapers could be changed to accept the connection and
then open a socket to the regular SSL port. This way no changes would
need to be made to squid.

Alvin Starr || voice: (416)585-9971
Interlink Connectivity || fax: (416)585-9974
alvin@iplink.net ||