Re: miss_access and being nice.

From: Karl Ferguson <karl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 16:45:58 +0800

Hi Buce.

Yes, you're making sense - I actually wrote to the list about this very
things a few weeks back. The answer at the moment is to allow the
cache-digest sibling to have miss_access on your server. When
experimenting with that with a sibling cache of ours we could between a 20
and 40% miss rate hence they were using us for transit.

Naturally we don't use cache-digests anymore. The idea is sound but you
must remember that it's still beta code and will be improved on in the
future to accomodate us all I'd say :-)

Regards

--
This message is Copyright (C) 1998 by Karl Ferguson
Tower Networking Pty Ltd t/a STAR Online Services