Re: ftp icon problems in 2.0-Patch2

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 23:45:56 +0100

Glenn Zazulia wrote:

> > > I'm not peering with other caches, and I don't explicitly set
> > > visible_hostname. (It appears to be correctly defaulting to my
> > > system hostname, though.)

> It's all lowercase.

Another possibility is if you are using proxy_auth. Squid 2.0 does not
support proxy_auth on icons or other internal objects. To get around
this limitation add the following to squid.conf some where in front of
the proxy_auth http_access line:

http_access internal-static urlpath_regex ^/squid-internal-static/
http_access internal urlpath_regex ^/squid-internal
http_access this-squid dst your.squid.server
http_access allow all internal-static
http_access allow all this-squid internal

This is fixed in Squid 2.1, but you probably want to use something
similar to the above even in 2.1 due to how authentication works in
HTTP.

If you aren't using proxy_auth then I'd like you to send me the
following output:

1. The HTML source where the FTP icons are broken

2. The message seen when trying to open a broken FTP icon (Right button
on the image, and "Open image")

3. If any message is seen in cache.log when trying to open the broken
FTP icons?

4. What access.log says when seeing broken FTP icons.

5. The output of
   client -m INVALID / | grep Squid/

---
Henrik Nordstrom