Re: HELP: SQUID 1.1.20 Redirector information

From: Rodney Holm <rodneyh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 13:20:45 -0700

Actually it's working perfectly. A request that comes in will be handled by
the first available redirector. If redirector 1 is busy handling a request
then redirector 2 will be checked, and so on. I suppose it would be possible
to do some type of round-robin system, but the current implementation seems
to make the most sense. It gives you some idea of how many concurrent users
are requesting objects. The low avg service time indicates that your
redirector does not do much ( it handles requests quickly ). Our redirector
does about 4msec avg and we do not see quite the ratio that you are getting.
Even though redir 1 serves significantly more ( about 10-15 times ) requests
than redir 2.

Rodney D. Holm                  rodneyh@apexxtech.com
Apexx Technology, Inc.          http://www.apexxtech.com