Microsoft (need I say more).

From: Mark Rogers <markrogers@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 08:52:07 +1100

Ok, is it my imagination or do MS products really screw up with a proxy?

For example.
Running linux with netscape and I never see an error (almost). Load up windows and run IE 4 (or 5b2) and the pages often need to be refreshed and reloaded before they display properly. Pages tend to get broken images and other errors in the page (only half loading etc). And it seems like every 10th page gets "connection reset" messages.

And things get worse when the remote site is running IIS, microsoft.com is always a problem with connection reset?

This could be just my anti-ms side rearing up but I have more problem with customers that are using IE on windows than any others, there needs to be a reason? And don't say because 99% of people are using windows :)

Anyone seen errors with IE? Anyone done a tcpdump and found anything good?

Any answers/speculations welcome.