Re: Bandwidth question

From: Brian <signal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 18:37:17 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Brian wrote:
>
> > I have the quick_abort stuff commented out, so I guess i am using
> > whatever it defaults to. Is this ok, or a bad idea? If so, what
> > should I be using?
>
> The default is by historical reasons to continue downloading objects
> after the user aborts.
>
> My recommended setting is:
>
> quick_abort_min 0
> quick_abort_max 0
> quick_abort_pct 100
>
> Then work from there to find a setting that suits you.

Thanks, I have set these now. So in a default squid 2.0 configuration,
that's really the only option/setting that would cause squid to actually
show more bandwidth usage than it was serving out to your customers? We
were seeing things like 1600kbps into squid, yet only about 1200kpbs to
our customers on an MRTG graph. I would have thought the
incoming/outgoing would have been more closley tied together.

> ---
> Henrik Nordstrom
> Spare time Squid hacker

Brian Feeny (BF304) | ShreveNet Inc. - Premium Internet Service Provider
Network Administrator | Shreveport, Louisiana - http://www.shreve.net/
signal@shreve.net | Web Hosting, Virtual Domains, Storefronts,
(318)222-2NET x 109 | Database/Web Integration, 56k, ISDN, T1