Re: Squid caching problems

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 23:01:37 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Chris Price wrote:

> I am having a problem with squid2patch2.0 wherein it's memory
> usage jumped from a 3-4 month consistent average of ~28mb to a average
> ~60mb over the past week, with *NO* changes to the squid.conf file
> whatsoever.
>
> What could possibly have caused the memory usage to double within the
> timespan of two days????

So what did change? Squid version? ./configure settings? Users?

Do you notice any difference in performance? Any new messages in cache.log?
Have you monitored any statistics (other than memory usage) before? Any
changes?

Does the memory continue to grow? How fast does it reach stable state if
you restart Squid?

Alex.