Squid 2.1PATCH1

From: Vinh NGO <vninfo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 14:02:15 +0800

Hi folks,

I am new to setting up Squid.
I ftp and installed Squid.2.1PATCH1
I used the default squid.conf to start the squid server
When I used client http://www.netscape.com/ it works fine,
but when I use a browser with manual proxy setted to my
squid machine, it seems that I can not get any where.

I checked the logs and nothing log.

My other question is that we have an existing squid proxy server
1.1.10 with 12GB of disk I want de-commision the old proxy and put
the new proxy server in circulation. The good thing is I have a spare
PC to build the new squid2.1PATCH1. I am interested in getting the new
server to get everything from the old squid and cached it locally untill
it filled up the new disk then I can turn the old one off.

I check the FAQ and they were talking about PURGE etc... Too complicated
for me.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.