Re: Squid 2.1PATCH1

From: Jiri A. Randus <Jiri.Randus@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 09:35:27 +0100

Vinh NGO wrote:

> My other question is that we have an existing squid proxy server
> 1.1.10 with 12GB of disk I want de-commision the old proxy and put
> the new proxy server in circulation. I am interested in getting the new
> server to get everything from the old squid and cached it locally untill
> it filled up the new disk then I can turn the old one off.

If you have two separate boxes, I guess you could set up the new squid with
the old proxy being a sibling to the new one. The frequent requests will
eventually get transferred from the old squid to the new one, and after
certain period of time (couple of weeks, perhaps) you can shut down the old
proxy for good.

This will not transfer all the cached objects, only the frequent ones, but
that's what caching is about, right? :)

JAR