Re: Proxying PHP Pages

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 14:26:55 +0100

David J N Begley wrote:

> IOW, it's not likely just a simple case of adding ".php" to the
> hierarchy_stoplist and watching the problem disappear...

Yes, and thats not my point either. hierarchy_stoplist never solves
problems, it is purely a performance thing. The idea is that Squid
should try to go direct when it is beleived that the result most likely
is uncacheable. If it turns out that the object is cachable then Squid
will cache it even if it matches hierarchy_stoplist.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker