Invalid URL with Squid2.1

From: Andy Walden <andy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 17:28:51 -0600 (CST)

Maybe this is a braindead question, if so, I apoligize. I have been using
Squid 1.2 for quite some time now with some good success. I recently setup
another Squid box for another project using Squid 2.1, but most web pages
that are attempted get an error message of invalid URL. One of the reasons
given is an underscore, which maybe illegal in a hostname, is perfectly
legal in a filename. But it also pops up with links that don't have
underscores in them, and it doesn't list the full URL in the error, but
the link to it is correct. Can someone shed some light on whats going on
here? Thanks.

Sincerely,
Andy Walden
System Administrator