Re: Invalid URL with Squid2.1

From: kendall <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 12:18:21 +1100 (EST)

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Andy Walden wrote:

> Sorry, never mind. The problem isn't with Squid, it only affects it when
> I'm trying to redirect the web traffic using ipfwadm under linux. Though
> if someone has some thoughts here, I have followed the FAQ and the result
> is all URLs are invalid when redirecting. Thanks anyway.

you are correct when you say that transparent proxying is the culprit (at
least, we had the same problem). our solution was to scrap transproxy at
just use straight redirection to port 3128, and enable squid's
acceleration mode as per the faq. as long as the clients (browsers) can
resolve host names to ip addresses, this will work seemlessly:

httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_with_proxy on

then something like:

ipfwadm -I -a acc -P tcp -S 0.0.0.0/0 -D your.web.server 80
ipfwadm -I -a acc -P tcp -S 0.0.0.0/0 -D 0.0.0.0/0 80 -r 3128

i should point out that i don't understand all of this, but i followed the
faq and it works.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781