Re: PRE releases

From: Matija Grabnar <Matija.Grabnar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:08:30 +0100

> I've noticed quite a few people reporting problems with 2.2 PREn releases,
> and I strongly suspect a lot of them don't know that the PRE means that it
> may not be reliable.
>
> Thoughts?

I think a lot of people are used to reporting bugs in PRE releases in the
hope they will be fixed in time for the stable release. The usual intention
of making PRE releases is "testing by a wider community". Such tests must
include reports of troubles - if there were no problems, the release would
be called stable.

Perhaps you feel squid-users is not the right forum for reporting such
problems. Possibly because it might give the newcomers a bad impression?

Could I suggest the creation of a list named something like
squid-beta-testers?

--
"My name is Not Important. Not to friends.
    But you can call me mr. Important"  - Not J. Important