Re: PRE releases

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 09:26:35 +0100

Matija Grabnar wrote:

> Perhaps you feel squid-users is not the right forum for reporting
> such problems. Possibly because it might give the newcomers a bad
> impression?

squid-users is not the right forum for bug reports on any release.

Problems with a Squid that is not beleived to be a pure configuration
error should be sent to squid-bugs@ircache.net where it will be dealt
with appropriately. It is a closed list to allow for sensitive reports
(like security problems or personal information which should not be
available to the public).

> Could I suggest the creation of a list named something like
> squid-beta-testers?

I don't think there is need for creating another mailinglist. There
should however be clearer information that PRE releases are what they
are so that people not by accidents installs a PRE release in a
production system.

---
Henrik Nordström
Spare time Squid hacker