Re: ftp problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 14:21:56 +0100

Lars-Owe Ivarsson wrote:

> pub/cpg/k623d/win95/amdk6upd.exe?submit2=+Accept: No such file or
> directory.

> Can someone please try to explain to me what's going on at AMD's ftp server?
> Is it known to be special in any way? The server is called plan9, but that
> doesn't necessarily reflect the OS choosen for it.

Looks like they used a HTML form for downloading the FTP file with a
button named "submit2" and a text value (the text on the button) of "
Accept". It is very odd to send HTTP query parameters to a FTP URL.
Query parameters are not defined for FTP so this is (and should be)
interpreated as part of the file name, and I truly doubt that this is
the intention here.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker