Re: [squid-users] Bad behavior when cache_dir is full

From: Pål Baltzersen <pal.baltzersen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 22:31:25 +0100

OK, I missed this one (cache_swap_log) so by default i was in the first (and only) cache_dir
Hope this solves my problem. Though it may take some time (weeks/months) to prove.

Thanks

Pål

Addr: Pål Baltzersen, ElTele Øst AS, Sandakervn. 114B, N-0483 Oslo.
Phone: +47 23 18 10 00 Direct: +47 23 18 11 74
fax: +47 23 18 10 01 Mobile: +47 93 08 11 74
mail: pb@ost.eltele.no pal.baltzersen@ost.eltele.no

On Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 04:13:54PM +0100, Pål Baltzersen wrote:

> No, cache_dir directory i a mount point (exclusive for Squid cache_dir)
> and there is plenty space in the logs file system.

So you definitely have a line that reads

cache_swap_log /path/to/swaplog/file

?

> Is there a parameter I may have missed that makes Squid not die on write error in cache_dir?

I've never seen it do this. Having said that, our cache is made up of
twelve cache_dir's, so the chances of all twelve running out of space
simultaneously are pretty small. I suppose squid might throw a wobbler
if you've only got the one cache directory. Then again, I would have
expected it to die with the "Repeated failures attempting to free up
disk space" type error message, not with this one.

Cheers,

Chris

--
Chris Tilbury, UNIX Systems Administrator, IT Services, University of Warwick
EMAIL: cudch+s@csv.warwick.ac.uk PHONE: +44 1203 523365(V)/+44 1203 523267(F)