The information from cache faster

From: Hector Quin~ones <hq@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 17:06:05 -0500 (EST)

We need the information from cache memory faster. What to do in
squid.conf?. Details follow:

We have the cache full with objects (journals and books about medicine
and health, freeware on the Internet). We need that these objects lived in cache about 10
days(reference_age 10 days), exactly as they are. We
mean without refreshness. Our problem is that the replies are very slow.
We need this information faster.

So, we do not want to check against origin server for any request. What to
do in Squid.conf???
Thanks in advance
Hector