Re: Logging and knowing which section created a log level entry

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 14:47:42 +0100

Marc Haber wrote:

> Squid allows selecting log sections to be enabled or disabled. This is
> fine in a normal environment. But, however, I'd like to explicitly
> turn off the messages that are cluttering up my log.

Then you have to find which source file those messages are from. grep is
a good tool for this.

I usually run with full debugging when investigating a certain
behaviour, and with manual debug section selection when working on a
specific module.

> Would it be possible to add to each log entry the log section that
> caused that entry to be written? That way, it would be extremely easy
> to know which log section to reduce.

To do that you have to change the code / debug macros used.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker