Re: Squid LOGs

From: David J Woolley <djw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 16:13:16 -0000

> Hmm, and why does the FAQ-#6 say:
>
> SWAPOUT means the object has been saved to disk.
> RELEASE means the object has been removed from the cache.

I think my reply was a little confused. 304 response never get
written to the disk, so the point is academic in this case. What is
happening is that the cache operations for the not modified response
are being confused with those for the original page which should not
have been released from the disk.

I believe the FAQ or configuration file comments also say that
store.log is likely to be confusing to ordinary users and is best
disabled.

I've disabled store.log, so can't see how mine is actually behaving.

--
David Woolley - Office: David Woolley <djw@bts.co.uk>
BTS             Home: <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>