Re: Querystring vs. Squid Cacheserver

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 20:01:51 +0100

Steffen Ullrich wrote:

> 4) I think URL's with '?' in it should be cachable (but maybe set
> Expires to 0 unless a Expires header is given). For contents which
> should not be cached POST requests or a proberly defined Expires
> header should be used

I agree 100%.

My recommendation is to

* NOT add the recommended no_cache lines.
* Instead use appropriate refresh patterns.
  ? and cgi-bin MUST match a refresh pattern with min age of 0.
  refresh_pattern \? 0 20% 4320
  refresh_pattern cgi-bin 0 20% 4320
* Use the recommended hierarchy_stoplist to avoid traversing a cache
hierarchy on cgi or query request.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker