Configuring Netscape to use Squid

From: Josh Kuperman <sar_kuper@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 12:02:22 -0500

This is a basic beginners question.

I have Squid running and some PCs running NetScape are using it. I have noticed some performance problems from time to time. Most notably:

1. I have to tell NetScape to reload to get a new version of the page.

2. Sometimes, even when I know the current page is in the cache it takes a long time to load.

3. Often when I get a cache miss it seems that NetScape hangs until I reload or do something else to make it try again.

Finally, I realized that while I have been fiddling with Squid's settings there are probably settings in NetScape that affect performance. Has anyone worked this out?

--
Josh Kuperman        Saratoga Springs Public Library
sar_kuper@sals.edu   49 Henry St