MS IE 4 and http_accel

From: Matthew Zito <mzito@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 22:46:21 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

We set squid up to act as a virtual accelerator for our heavily loaded web
server. The problem became that Internet Explorer would not send a
no-cache header to the server when you hit shift+reload, and so people
couldn't see their changes. Netscape does it fine- just hold down shift
and hit reload, and squid would re-fetch the pages. But IE will not do
it. I found a reply to a post on dejanews that mentioned something about
IE not sending a no-cache header no matter what unless there was a manual
proxy configured. Is that true, and if so, has anyone found a workaround?

Thanks in advance,
Matt Zito

 Matthew Zito Email: mzito@cyberenet.net
 UNIX Systems Administrator URL: http://www.cyberenet.net/