Re: MS IE 4 and http_accel

From: Ole Moller <olm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 12:51:27 +0100

Written by you 22:46 07-03-99 -0500
>We set squid up to act as a virtual accelerator for our heavily loaded web
>server. The problem became that Internet Explorer would not send a
>no-cache header to the server when you hit shift+reload.

I done some testing on the subject myself and found you are right.
MS-Exploder sends only a pragma: no-cache when i knows there is a proxy (ie
it has a proxy configured). Else i wont send it no matter how you try to
reload.

I have seen this behavior i version 4 and 5beta. I have reported it as a
bug to M$ (including source-code to illustrate the problem and an
explanation), need to say I havnt heard anything?

Ole Møller olm@cybercity.dk, Sysadm CyberCity Internet
A paperless office has about as much chance as a paperless bathroom.