General Squid question

From: Jeff Lush - Rent-A-Nerd Computer Services <jeff@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 21:53:32 -0700

Hello all,

I am new to UNIX as well as Squid and have a general usage question. I have
been asked to setup a kind of proxy/firewall machine for a private LAN. What
is required is to have all users access the internet through a central
access point. The LAN uses TCP/IP with private IP addresses.

Currently there is an ISDN dedicated internet connection. Future upgrades
will include a web server and email transport (preferably behind the
firewall).

I have researched some possible solutions and have found reasonable results
using IP Masquerading; however, access to services inside the LAN would be
limited. Research on Squid for these needs appears to be limited.

I would like to know if Squid will suit these needs.

Thanks for your help,

Jeff Lush