Re: Proxy auth - Idea?

From: Steven Sporen <sporens@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 16:39:10 +0002

> Steven Sporen wrote:
>
> > User denied -> ERR <URL>
>
> > Easy/hard to implement?
>
> Doable, but not all trivial. Goes hand in hand with having deny_info
> return a redirect.
>
> On the other hand, it is easy to extend Squid to include a
> authentication reply message that can be available in the error page
> returned when requiring authentication. Unfortunately most (all?)
> browsers only shows this page if the user cancels authentication.

Thanx for the reply, the reason I ask is because we're implementing
time/quota/user bassed access and it'd be easier, if when the user is denied
access he/she could see. It might still be worth while from the point of view
of administration, an administrator could then tell the users to press cancel to
see why they were denied access. What do you think?

Cheers
  Steve

www.elab.co.za | webmaster@elab.co.za