Re: squid2.2DEV3 More Interesting patches 8))

From: David J Woolley <djw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 14:16:30 -0000

> +#define HTML_FONT_RED "<font color=\"#FF0000\">"

FONT is a deprecated element in HTML 4.0; the correct approach is to
add class attributes, possibly using SPAN elements, then use a style
sheet. B and I are discouraged, but not deprecated. The same style
sheet can set bolding based on the same class attribute. Inline
style sheets should work with NS 4+ and IE 3+ for colour and font
weight.

Colours need to be set for the whole document, otherwise a user could
set the background colour to yellow or red, for example.

Incidentally, if someone is changing the HTML, it is currently
invalid because it contains TABLE, but no <!DOCTYPE...; TABLE is not
permitted in HTML 2.0. I'd suggest adding an HTML 4.0 transitional
DOCTYPE line.

PS the attachments where incorrectly labelled as
application/octet-stream.

--
David Woolley - Office: David Woolley <djw@bts.co.uk>
BTS             Home: <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>