Re: MS-Proxy vs. Squid

From: Marc Lucke <hohums.list@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 09:39:27 +1100

If you point MS-Proxy v2 to another proxy, it will route ALL traffic to the
upstream proxy regardless if it is in your IP address range or not.
Beautiful - that means that if the upstream proxy is your ISP, you will end
up paying your ISP for your own traffic! There is no way to stop it from
doing this within this piece of sw. Microsoft wanted to charge me a lot of
money to tell me that they did not consider this a problem...

Apart from that I found the MS system to be equal in performance, support,
reliability & documentation as all their other products.

Cheers,
Marc