Re: Time on Squid

From: Marc van Selm <marc.van.selm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 10:47:26 +0200

At 01:57 PM 4/6/99 +0800, Joel Taqueban wrote:
>I'm a little confused on the way Squid generates time. This I noticed
when >access is being denied for URL's during disallowed times. Sample of
>requested URL Error:

[...]

>I'm particularly interested in the time generated by squid (on red mark).
My >Linux local time is GMT + 8 (Tue Apr 6 12:24:40 GMT +8 1999).
>Shouldn't the squid time be Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:24:40 GMT instead ?
That >is, it should be my local time less 8 hours to get the GMT time
(since Squid >displays Zulu time instead of my local time)?

First your system clock should be set to GMT and you should use the correct
time zone to display the correct local time. I expect if you sync the time
on your machine to a NTP-server you'll see you were not running the correct
time in GMT and the correct time zone. You have to start digging into your
OS config I think...

>Also, would it be possible to change the message 'your service provider'
(the >one with the green mark) with another text from the Access Denied
message ?

In the etc dir you'll find a directory with all the error-pages. You can
change them anyway you like.

Appreciate your kind reply,

Joel

Marc van Selm
NATO C3 Agency
Communication Systems Division, A-Branch
Tel: +31 70 3142454
E-mail: marc.van.selm@nc3a.nato.int
Private: selm@cistron.nl, selm@het.net, http://www.cistron.nl/~selm