Re: Time on Squid

From: Joel Taqueban <jtaqueba@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 20:50:37 +0800

Thanks for the reply, I have already edited the error message but still could
not work on the Squid time. You said I should use the correct time zone to
display the correct local time. What command should I issue from my (linux)
shell prompt to get the correct time zone? (Sorry, I'm also a newbie to Linux
but is beginning to love it).

I tried from prompt

# /usr/lib/zoneinfo/localtime

instead it gave me an error message "localtime: command not found"

tried even

# sh /usr/lib/zoneinfo/localtime

but had a message "localtime: cannot execute binary file"

What's wrong with my commands? File is there however. It is:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 Feb 6 16:38 localtime ->
../../../etc/localtime

Please help ...

P.S. My local time right now is GMT + 8 (Thu Apr 8 20:47:40 GMT +8 1999).

Thanks,

Joel