Re: Time on Squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 10:46:59 +0200

Sounds like you are confusing + and - in GMT timezone specifications.

GMT +8 is 8 hours later than GMT. If your local time is 12:24 when GMT
is 04:24 then your timezone is GMT -8 (or eight hours earlier than GMT).
You need to think of the time zone specification as a time zone
specification and not a time difference specification.

Regarding the error message text: You may replace the whole message with
any text you like. See deny_info in squid.conf and/or
/usr/local/squid/etc/errors/*. It is also possible to use local time
instead of GMT time in error messages..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker