MS Internet Information Server 4.0

From: Arseny M. Rubanovich <arseny@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 13:00:47 +0400

I have Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0. And I use proxy - SQUID
2.2 I create site and set security - Windows NT Challenge/Respond. So if i
load this site using browser - it must be prompt for login and password. But
web server answer me :

HTTP Error 401
401.2 Unauthorized: Logon Failed due to server configuration

This error indicates that the credentials passed to the server do not match
the credentials required to log on to the server. This is usually caused by
not sending the proper WWW-Authenticate header field.

But if i don't use proxy - all OK.