Re: MS Internet Information Server 4.0

From: Ian Redfern <redferni@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 11:23:37 +0100

I believe the MS proprietary challenge/response protocol is not supported by
Squid. It wasn't in Squid 1.1 because it requires persistent connections - the
browser authenticates in two transactions then keeps the connection open for all
authenticated future traffic. I supect this conflicts with the use of persistent
connections to servers in Squid 2.x - could someone who knows more enlighten us?
Does Squid reuse persistent server connections for different client-side
connections?

Thanks,
Ian Redfern (redferni@logica.com).