Re: Time on Squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 02:59:32 +0200

Joel Taqueban wrote:

> Thanks Henrik. I was able to change the error message. However,
> you said I change the Squid time so that it displays my local time,
> how do I do that? At the end of the ERR_ACCESS_DENIED message I
> have only the two line </UL> and </P>. What part of the file do I
> need to change or add?

You have to add a custom signature to all error messages, using a
different time format specification.

Squid automatically appends the following signature when there is no
signature in the error page itself (criteria: %s is not used):

---- cut here ----
<hr noshade size=1>
Generated %T by %h (%s)
</BODY></HTML>
---- cut here ----

To get local time reported instead of UTC without hacking Squid sources
you have to manually append this signature to all error messages, but
use %t instead of %T for the time specification.

See middle of src/errorpage.c for a complete list of %_ codes that can
be used in error pages. Note that not all codes make sense on every type
of error page.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker