Re: TCP_DENIED when port !=80 and <= 1024

From: Knut A. Syed <Knut.Syed@dont-contact.us>
Date: 13 May 1999 13:19:50 +0200

Dancer <dancer@zeor.simegen.com> writes:

> [example deleted]

Mail relaying through Squid. Yick! I never thought that would be
possible.

> It is _most_ unwise to open up arbitrary services. RFC1340 isn't just a
> good idea. It's a _really_ good idea.

Yes it is. I have contacted the webmaster at the two most problematic
sites (two of the biggest Norwegian newspapers), telling them that
violating the RFC creates a lot of trouble, and at least one of them
is aware of the problem and planning to move their service. Have not
heard from the other one yet.

~kas