Re: Trouble of Squid2.1PATCH2

From: Eduardo Kraemer Goes <kraemer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 09:13:59 -0300 (EST)

On Fri, 21 May 1999, Shigeru Matsumoto wrote:

>Dear Squid-Users,

        Hello, Shigeru,

>And Error messages of squid.out is:
>FATAL: Write failure -- check your disk space and cache.log
>FATAL: Write failure -- check your disk space and cache.log
>There are enough spaces on the disk, though.
>Platform is Solaris2.6, and the machine is Ultra2.

        We've run over this problem here some days ago ina a Solaris 7.0 x86
Box. The logs presented the disk space problem, but df reported that we had
plenty of space.

        After some time, we discovered a "huge" squid 'core' file in the first
cache_dir (the default place where it is dumped) when squid crashed (for some
still uknown reason). 'df' doesn't report this problem, I mean, it doesn't
count 'core' files when calculating the disk space. Only 'du' does that. I
don't know if this is your problem, but I hope it may help.

>Does anybody know the cause of the trouble?
>Best,
>Shiggy

        See ya!
        Kraemer