Proxy in Squid

From: Martin Svensson <martin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 13:40:17 +0200

Hi!

I've began looking at Squid and installed it on our Linux box.
I've come up with one configuration problem I can't solve and I've
looked at the FAQ with no success.

We have two ways out to the internet.
One is open for everyone and the other is just for people working for
the university. I'm trying to set up my Squid-machine to use the open
(atlas) fw but our network has no defaultroute pointing to that fw,
instead it goes to the university and there is a dead end.

How do I configure Squid to forward all it's requests to Atlas (the open
fw)? Today every browser get it's configuration through the "Automatic
Proxy" feature and it point direct to atlas. If everything goes well we
will change that to the Squid machine instead which then forwards it to
atlas.

Thanks!

--
Martin Svensson