Re: Proxy in Squid

From: David J Woolley <djw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 14:08:21 +0100

> (atlas) fw but our network has no defaultroute pointing to that fw,

Either fix that problem (which is not Squid related), or find
another, HTTP proxy which is on a machine that does use the right
routes.

> instead it goes to the university and there is a dead end.
>
> How do I configure Squid to forward all it's requests to Atlas (the open
> fw)? Today every browser get it's configuration through the "Automatic

If atlas is an HTTP proxy, you can use the never_direct
(always_direct for local overrides) options and make atlas the only
parent "cache" (it only needs to proxy, not to actually cache).
Otherwise your problem is not with squid and you need to get help
from the network support people.

> Proxy" feature and it point direct to atlas. If everything goes well we
> will change that to the Squid machine instead which then forwards it to
> atlas.

Looks like atlas is an HTTP proxy, so you are probably OK.

--
David Woolley - Office: David Woolley <djw@bts.co.uk>
BTS             Home: <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>