Re: Connection reset by peer

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 14:46:57 +0200

Vesselin Atanasov wrote:

> If someone developing Squid reads this : It would be nice if squid had an
> option selecting which transfer mode to try fist. I don't wan't to hack
> the source of each squid version to make it try normal mode first.

I have a workaround to Squid FTP which tries to detect servers failing
on PASV (buggy FTP servers, or firewalls not understanding PASV or the
implications of it's use). It works for file transfers at least (I think
it still fails on file listings). Patch file is available from my squid
page <http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/>

Disabling Squids use of PASV requires a single line change in src/ftp.c

Change
   ftpState->flags.pasv_supported = 1
   ftpState->flags.pasv_supported = 0

--